CarbonCare® Label for Organisations
The CarbonCare® Label is a unique performance recognition scheme. As of 2021, over 400 labels have been awarded to listed companies, private companies, government departments, public bodies, social enterprises, NGOs, hotels, commercial buildings and venues since its launch in late 2011.
CarbonCare® Labels are issued by CarbonCare InnoLab (CCIL), a non-profit organisation dedicated to the nurturing and development of innovative solutions, policies and practices in response to today’s climate change and sustainability challenges. Verification services are provided by CCA.
CarbonCare® Label for entity-wide carbon management
The CarbonCare® Label encourages and recognizes the efforts of companies and organisations in their action to tackle climate change and achieve carbon reduction by Measuring, Reducing and Offsetting (MRO) their carbon footprints.
CarbonCare® Champion Label for carbon neutrality
The gold CarbonCare® Champion Label indicates the achievement of carbon neutrality through emissions reduction followed by total offsets.
CarbonCare® ESG Label for best practice in ESG reporting
The CarbonCare® ESG Label is consistently upgraded to reflect the latest local and international trends, regulatory requirements and community aspirations. It gives special recognition to best performers in ESG reporting in four important areas: company board accountability, materiality assessment, disclosure of social KPIs, and corporate climate actions.
CarbonCare® Circularity Label for contribution to a circular economy
The CarbonCare® Circularity Label aims to provide a framework for public or private sector organisations keen to introduce Circular Economy concepts into their operations. Starting with paper products for the pilot phase, the Label will quantitatively measure the recycling performance of the applicants.
CarbonCare® Star Label for special recognition to committed achievers
Committed achievers who have attained the CarbonCare® Label or the CarbonCare® Champion Label continuously over a period of three years or more (including the current year) may be awarded an additional CarbonCare® Star Label as a special recognition.
CarbonCare® Label Advisory Panel
The CarbonCare® Label is governed by a proprietary protocol which has incorporated the best practices in the areas of measurement and monitoring of GHG emissions, i.e. GHG Protocol, ISO14064-1 and PAS2060. It aims to provide a credible, transparent and practical framework which can be consistently applied across a broad range of entities, products and services.
The quality of the label and the integrity of the protocol are overseen by an Expert Advisory Panel which comprises leading academics in the field of carbon management, environmental engineering and sustainable development in Hong Kong.
Ir Prof Irene M C Lo
Prof Dennis Yiu Cheong Leung
Prof Michael K H Leung
Prof Hong-xing Yang
Benefits of the CarbonCare® Label
- Enhance brand value through stakeholder engagement and media exposure
- Utilise a special promotion package developed for each year’s CarbonCare® Label awardees
- Receive recognition of achievements based on international best practice
- Credibility of a rigorous protocol overseen by an Expert Advisory Panel of eminent academics
- Receive expert advice on carbon accounting, reduction/offset solutions, ESG reporting and recycling for circular economy
- Prepare to reduce risks, save costs and increase revenue through sustainability innovations
- Become a recognised leader in carbon solutions, ESG performances and recycling initiatives
CarbonCare® Label Awardees
As of 2021, over 400 labels have been awarded to listed companies, private companies, government departments, public bodies, social enterprises, NGOs, hotels, commercial buildings and venues since the launch of the scheme in late 2011.
Brands For Good CarbonCare Label
Brands for Good is an NGO that aims to recognise businesses that not only make a difference but also commit as stewards for a positive impact. Launched in 2018, Brands for Good and recognises businesses that influence a positive impact to the environment, workplace, community and inventions. In the year 2019, the awards ceremony saw 43 SMEs coming from Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Hong Kong bagging a total of 59 Brands for Good awards across 4 main categories, namely, Workplace, Community, Environment and Patents.
CarbonCare® Event Label
CarbonCare® Event is a unique way for corporations and event organisers to demonstrate carbon caring actions. It encourages the reduction and offsetting of carbon emissions generated from organising and participating in the events.
CCA’s carbon audit professionals will verify the measurement, reduction and offsetting procedures and a CarbonCare® Event Label will be awarded to successful events. A certificate for the event and the offsets purchased will also be provided, alongside a carbon footprint assessment report.
Benefits of the CarbonCare® Event Label
- Demonstrate your commitment in mitigating the impacts of climate change.
- Contribute to clean energy development and sustainable community benefits in impoverished regions and developing economies.
- Promote carbon care awareness amongst business partners, customers and employees.
- Boost the profile of the event with carbon neutral credentials to attract more environmentally conscious participants or to gain public endorsement.
- Enhance corporate image with visible actions to promote the values and practices of low carbon living.