Carbon Care Asia Ltd (CCA) is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal information we hold by complying with the requirements of the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance with respect to the management of personal information. To ensure that your privacy is protected and respected, our employees and agents are instructed to uphold these obligations and observe the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
We have created this statement to provide you with clear and understandable information regarding our privacy practices when you are accessing or using our website (www.carboncareasia.com or its local equivalents) so that you can make informed choices about the use of your personal data by CCA.
When accessing other services or making applications through our website, please read the specific privacy conditions which may apply to them.
Personal information we collect
CCA collects personal data that you provide to us directly when you request information about our services; register for our events; sign up for our regular newsletter and services updates; request for a special research report; apply for a job; make an enquiry through our online enquiry form; or carry out a transaction or place an order through our website. Such data may include:
- Identification and contact data such as name, surname, job title, organisation name and sector, phone number, email and country/region
- Financial and transactional data such as PayPal details
- Any information that you voluntarily share with us such as feedback, opinions or personal information provided via the enquiry or job application forms
CCA also collects personal data automatically when you visit our website. This may include:
- Device information such as IP address, geo-locations, language settings, operating systems, configurations of browsers, referring website
- CCA pages your device visited and the time that your device visited our website
- Internet log information and information collected by cookies (visitor data)
We use such data only for website enhancement and optimisation purposes. We have no intention to use the visitor data to personally identify anyone.
Use of your personal data
CCA will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you our periodic newsletter (“CCA Insight”) or research papers/ reports if you are a CCA client / partner or upon your request
- To communicate with you via email regarding our services and events which may be of interest to you and in accordance with your communication preferences when you sign up with us
- To invite you to participate in an online or physical event (such as webinars and conferences) organised or co-organised by CCA, and to facilitate your smooth participation in live-streaming events
- To process your purchase order placed on CCA website for carbon offsets and manage your account with us
- To respond to your enquiries and comments and provide you with the requested information on our company and its products and services
- To process your application for a vacant position in our company
- To analyze your use of our website for compiling aggregate statistics that would help us manage and improve the design of the website
- To keep our website safe and secure and comply with our legal requirements and obligations
- We shall state clearly before collecting any personal data as and when there are new purposes other than the above
A cookie is a small data file sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our website. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie information can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Disclosure of your personal data
CCA may share your data within our offices in different locations (currently Hong Kong and Singapore).
CCA may also share your data with our programme partner, CarbonCare InnoLab (a charity registered in Hong Kong under Section 88), to promote the application of the annual CarbonCare® Label scheme.
Occasionally, your personal data will be disclosed to our service providers for the purpose of payment transactions, technical and marketing support, and data hosting services. These parties only have access to such information as necessary to perform their functions and may not use it for any purpose other than to provide services to us.
Retention of your personal data
CCA will retain your personal data for the period of time necessary to fulfill the stated purposes for which it has been collected. Under certain circumstances, a longer retention period may be required to allow our company to pursue its business interests, conduct audits, or comply with our legal obligations.
You may however make a request to delete your personal data from our contact list at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon such request, your personal data will be permanently removed from our system to the extent that the law does not require us to keep.
Protection of your personal data
CCA follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information under our control in order to prevent unauthorized access, loss or destruction of your personal data. This may include:
- Restricting the access of personal data to authorized employees only
- Incorporating privacy protection and confidentiality as part of our Code of Conduct for all staff
- Use of anti-virus software, firewall and other security measures including data encryption and multi-factor authentication
CCA services are intended to be used by adults and corporate entities interested in our company. We do not seek to collect sensitive personal data and do not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 16.
Our website may contain links or references to third-party owned or operated websites, online services or media and social media platforms. CCA is not responsible for the collection of personal information or the security or privacy of such information on any such third-party sites, services or platforms.
Access to and correction of your personal data
You have the right to access the information we hold about you and request us to correct or amend your personal information if it needs to be updated.
You also have the right to unsubscribe from receiving information from us, or change your preference of communication with us.